MSR Design (Meyer, Scherer & Rockcastle)
The administration facility consists of two contiguous structures—an 88,760 square foot, 5-story heavy timber and masonry structure constructed in 1903; and a 78,240 square foot, 3-story concrete frame and masonry structure constructed in 1913.
The buildings were used originally by Valspar as manufacturing facilities but have been converted in part for use as administrative office facilities over the past ten-year period. Design to expand corporate offices and create a conference center by converting existing space is currently on hold.
WC Consulting provided building systems consultation and schematic narrative.